A MESSAGE FROM THE NURSE
Hello Parents and Guardians,
My name is Jennifer Mead. I am the Registered Nurse here at Garfield school. I am working hard to ensure your child’s academic success by promoting a safe and healthy environment. Your child’s well being is my top priority, and keeping our children healthy is a team effort. In order to provide the best possible care for each student, I ask each family to do the following:
• Please call the Nurse’s Office ANY TIME your child is absent. You may leave a message 24 hours/7 days a week at 201 955-5091
• If your child is ill or has a fever please keep them at home. (Children may return to school after they have been free of fever for at least 24 hours.)
• If your child is out for more than 3 days, a Doctor’s note is requested when they return.
• Any medication your child may need during school hours must have a doctor’s order and parent’s written permission. (Forms are available in my office.) Students may carry medication such as inhalers only with specific written permission from their physician —all other medications must be kept and dispensed by the nurse.
• Please submit all required immunizations by the requested date.
• Please make sure all emergency contact numbers are accurate. Inform the office of any change of phone number.
Feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns at 201 955-5091. Thank you for your cooperation. I look forward to working together with you, and wish you a happy and healthy school year.